Monday, October 12, 2009

New Boobs!

My surgery day is finally here! Time to rebuild the breasts! Or as Dennis my hubby would say, we get our new rack today! Lol! It has been just over four months since having my mastectomy (June 9, 2009.) Has the time seemed to have gone by fast? Yes and no. We all have those bad days where it seems they just drag on and on and will never end but I know if we never experience the bad days, we won't appreciate the good days as much as we do. I also believe we try so hard to do things on our own that we forget God is reaching out to us saying something like, "You don't have to handle this alone. Remember, I'm your Dad and want to take care of you. Let me." I needed that reminder at times. After all is said and done, I consider myself a blessed woman. I wouldn't change my circumstance for anything. It has brought too many positives to my life. For instance, my husband and his amazing support. I don't think he realizes how much he has changed through this (for the good.) He has been one of my rocks through all this. The lines of communication have been opened amongst my group of friends about the importance of early detection which means getting those mammograms. And they ARE getting them. But most of all, my faith is the strongest now than it ever has been. Anyway, breast reconstruction today, soreness tomorrow and for a couple weeks thereafter but I am praying for and anticipating a speedy recovery. Please pray for Dennis as he sits in the waiting room. The surgery is expected to take three hours and I really want God to give him peace while he waits. The second prayer I ask is a prayer against any complications. I don't anticipate any but I think it's always a good prayer to say for any medical procedure. Off to get some new boobs!

1 comment:

  1. Praying you have a zero complication, minimal pain, quick recovery. Blessings to you and your family Theresa =)
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete