Sunday, October 18, 2009

Finding Humor in Getting New Boobs


Breast reconstruction went well.  My prayers for no complications and a peace for Dennis as he waited in the waiting room were answered far better than I anticipated.  Dennis had a good ole time chatting with friends on facebook about our "new rack".  He was telling everyone how he told the plastic surgeon to supersize my new breasts without me knowing.  Lol!  So many people chimed in and kept him "company" throughout the day that Dennis barely got any of his actual work done he took to finish!

I am soooo grateful he was able to share this day with friends.  Oh, I'm sure he may have offended a few people with some of his comments he made but to those people I'd like to say, it's okay to have fun and find humor in EVERY aspect of your life!  God has called us to have peace and joy in whatever situation comes our way.  Let me ask you: does worrying about something diminish or change the reality of the situation you find yourself in?  Of course not!  Guess what?  Finding humor in something doesn't diminish or change the reality of what's happening either.   To Dennis and me it's a no brainer.  If/WHEN unpleasant things come our way that we are unable to control, we are going to deal with them head on: first with prayer and then with humor, craziness, joy, laughter and whatever else does NOT burden our hearts and minds.  Of course there are times when one must be serious but that should not become our dwelling place.

I anticipate this recovery to be much quicker than after the mastectomy.  I still have some more visits with the plastic surgery to finalize reconstruction (nipple and areola reconstruction take place two to three months from now.)  I still have physical pain and limitations now but this too shall pass and I know I will come out stronger in the end because of this chapter in my life.  I wouldn't change it for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment