Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A House Divided?

     If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand. (Mark 3:25.)  We need a leader who is going to work diligently to UNITE this country.  I don't believe our sitting President has done a good job of this yet (I say yet because I'm an optimist.)  If he had, I think he would've won by a LOT more than what he did.  But to be fair, even if Romney would have won this election, how sure are we that he would have done any better at uniting America?  If you're a Christian, the best thing you/I can do for America to help make it better is fervently pray for our current leader and our other government officials who were elected to work for ALL the American people.  Start praying NOW for the right person to be elected in 2016.  

I think the next best thing everyone can do to help make America better is be aware of and look for opportunities in your own little world.  When you see someone in need of help, HELP THEM whether it's making them a meal or raking their leaves. We don't need to rely on the government for all our needs.  If you get a bonus at work, save some but spend some too. It's okay to spend money and get the economy going just watch your budget.

Also, if only THIS would happen....RESPECT one another.  There is a reason one believes this or the other believes that.  Don't be so pigheaded that you can't even try to understand the one who has opposing views.

     Lastly, remember God's timing is perfect.  He is still King.  He is still the only One who sees everything.  If you really want a better life, learn to trust HIM first and all else will seem like it doesn't matter as much.  Your worries won't be worries because you know God's got it. 
  

2 comments:

  1. We really need to come together and make compromises...all parties aside. Beautifully written, Teresa!!! AMEN!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lily. I write this as a reminder to myself too. I am guilty of being pigheaded at times. Yes, there are some things I may not budge on in my thinking but being able to intentionally listen to others as to why they think the way they do I believe could do wonders.

      Delete